March 30, 2011

2 days to go~

one last story for this year's my mama's month...

this is about a moment i started my life independently (not thoroughly of course....hehe...still depending on my parents...adeh~)

my dad sent me to boarding school in his hometown...the peaceful and beautiful Kuala Terengganu...
i still can remember how reluctant i was to go there...so far away from my mom and dad...and i have to stay in a hostel...and i was only 13 at that time...but i made a promise...so we went...


we came on saturday...once we reached the school, my mum helped me register at the hostel, and helped me unpack...book my bed and locker...put in my clothes and toiletries...check out the bathroom for me...and even pick out which row i should put my books into...hehe

while at the same time, teaching me tips how to wash my clothes, when to do laundry, when to sweep the floor, how to make sure my lockers are clean, how to keep them always locked, where to store the key, when to make my bed and so on...

then, she put on the bed sheets, sweep the whole dorm's floor and asked me to go down for lunch at the DM (dewan makan)
"pegilah makan kat sane, mama tunggu dalam bilik"

once i got back upstairs, i told her about my meal...i got a whole fish all to my own...hehe...(at home we usually share parts of fish, we don't put a whole fish from head to tail into our plates)
"okay la makanan sedap...x de la teruk sangat duduk asrama~" she said...

by evening, my dad came...
"okay, mama balik dulu ngan ayah...esok pagi mama datang balik for school registration."
so they went~

a place i love to go out to...we use to say a place we 'fly' to...hehe

by night, i felt so awkward there...honestly, i couldn't understand what my colleagues were happily chatting about (Terengganu have a different dialect)...they're probably telling the stories of their holidays...and suddenly came a girl (her name's zetty) and thank God she can articulate understandable words...haha

she introduced me to the other girls...
and we get to know each other...
one of them asked..."mu wak kaen sahan dok?"
"huh???"...i looked at zetty perplexed...
she smiled and translated "dia tanye...awak ade bawak kain basahan tak?...kain batik, kain batik..." showing me hers
"ooo...x de...x penah pakai pon...kene ade ea?"

and so i quickly phoned my mum for a kain batik...and she came to our hostel that night with two...hehe

next morning, i went to class with my dorm-mates...while looking around unfamiliarly, my mom and dad came...
"alright, ayah da registerkan kaklong masuk kelas 2 Taubah...jom cari..."
it was just next door...

"hmm...tempat jemur baju dy yang kat blakang tu jauh sngt, kaklong jemur kat depan dorm tu je ea?...kantin dy kat mane?...dia ade kedai ntuk beli toiletries dekat2 sini tak, nanti dy nak kluar macamane?..." my mum asked my dad

"haih...biarla dy cari sendiri...nanati dy fly pegi UK takkan edah nak checkkan rumah dy, university dy, kedai mane sume..." my dad replied...

"hmm..." my mum smiled..."x de la..." but she didn't continue

hehehe
thank you for being so concerned mama!...don't worry...am safe here...=)

'Ya Allah, please take care of my mama the way she has and is and will carefully take care of us...give her everything she wants and that is good for her the way she has always give whatever we asked for and love her the way she loves us"

love you mama!
happy mama's month...2 days to go~

something i would very much like to have there...huhu, aritu balik x singgah terengganu pon...x pe, there's always next time...:D

No comments: