April 11, 2011

2nd day~...my dad..

of all the things i can never forget about my dad...the one i always keep remembering are his way of teaching us...

and the one i appreciate most but seldom practice...is thinking!

hehe...ever since i was small, ayah always give me a chance to figure out things myself...
he always let me decide which one i prefer, which color i should choose, what food i would like...
he'll guide me of course, and pull me out if i chose wrong...but even if i did, he'd rather me to think myself out of my problems than come running to him for help...

ayah is more of a risk taker compared to mama...which is why sometimes, i feel safe to ask permission from my mother...but if i wanted to do something risky...i'll go ask my dad...hehe

and in order for us to practice this decision making daily, we (my brothers and i) were to match him in the game of...


yup!...chess!
haha
honestly, i am willing to do anything for ayah rather than playing chess with him...coz i know i'll end up loosing...(even after he promised to let me win)
"that was an obvious mistake...i've given you so many chances!" (ayah would say at the end of a match where my face was so sulky...hehe)

after almost 10 times or more i guess loosing, i learnt my lesson...=(
so sorry i haven't played chess with u for almost 5 years now...huhu...
i just cannot comprehend  the attacking part...defensing is an acceptable move...but it's no good if your opponent keep attacking you...your defense will fall eventually~...and i really hate loosing...

and adeeq is lucky enough he's so good in chess...
(to me, maybe chess is a boy stuff...conquering areas, planning to attack the castle, redeeming a lost pawn...i dun even have the heart to kick a pawn out of the board...hihi...alasan...)
but the good part about chess is that we anticipate ten steps ahead for each of our moves (do we?..dat's what ayah always told us)...which took me maybe more than half an hour...i can never play with the timer...

but dun worry ayah, it's not just chess...i don't fancy any competitive matches if i could avoid it...
for you, i'll master the opening by heart before i match you...but i left that book at home...hee

and frankly speaking, you helped me a lot to make right choices...and i feel blessed and so lucky to have you as my dad!

thank you ayah!

*i know i've posted this song last year...but i couldn't find a better one to convey its meaning...
for you ayah!

No comments: