April 21, 2010

melayu

this week, i was given a task...
and a part of it required me to 'create' a paragraph or two in 'bahasa melayu'


owh, simple!...my mother tongue! (or so i thought)
but when the moment came for me to start writing, i became blank!...erk!
in that particular moment i realized...my mother language is actually a very beautiful art!
(thnx for giving me dis job!)

throughout my life as a Malay, i comprehend that "our" group of people are delicate yet stunning...or simply dainty~...(prasan lak...haha)

sekadar gambar hiasan

Malays are sensitive people...every word uttered requires thorough consideration, every sentence that comes out must be aligned properly...so that, the meaning intended to be conveyed will come out politely charming...and hence, will be excepted wholeheartedly!
(a million gratitudes to 'nadiah md' for helping me out - kite compliment la nadia~:p)

okay, stop praising the sentences or the language...LOL
my point is...
"Malays"

i knew all along that we are shy (i admit not all...but most of us are ryte?) because our culture thought us a lot on how to respect the elders, on caring for others first, about talking; talk when you are given the permission, use polite volumes when you talk, never talk ill of the elders, never "directly" comment about others!...and so on and so forth...

but living here in egypt sumhow, in a way...this delicate culture needs to be altered...we can't always be silent whenever people "step on our head"...(haha, again using the proverb 'pijak kepala' which actually means oppress)...we can't always tolerate our opportunities to study...we need to take our rights, stand up for our belongings and work our way to get the best here!...wut i can see here is - the loudest gets the most!

experiencing ophthalmology clinical rounds for 2 weeks now...i found out this change...
we are changing...we slowly are losing this polite attitude...


during taking an old egyptian woman's history, we ignored her completely...chatting away in our own language in front of her... addressing her only when we wanna complete our sheets...asking her to do dis, do dat...

and this situation imbued in me - but what if i was in her place???
"wut r these chinese looking people saying...arghh...flashing into my eyes again!...can't dey look for evrything they want in one go?"...(jz my imagination...:p)

but what can i do???
i need to learn...to understand...to get the meaning...for me to contribute back...
is there a way to lessen this guilt?...or is it only me who felt this?...
nothing is free dear...to get sumthing you must sacrifice sumthing...(have you heard these statements?)
but the one who is sacrificing here isn't me...that old egyptian women is...huhu...

where has my politeness gone?...(haha...have i ever been one before?...LOL)

# i will really appreciate comments from my dear fellow gen6...:D
# tomorrow...April 22nd is Aainaa's birthday!...kindly wish her...hehe
# 50 days left to fourth yr final exam...(salahkn biro academic for reminding us about this so frequently...*feeling nervous~*)

No comments: