March 11, 2013

how i got rid of my "darkophobia"

assalamualaykum everyone...:D
sorry for being on hiatus over 7 months straight

i had my study leaves, final exams for my mbbch, post exams trip, graduation day (ALHAMDULILLAH!!! ^_^), packing, moving in to Malaysia and an official one week "off" ^_^ (hehe, that should cover 7 months)

not that am too busy to type, but......(ooopps)
now am just gonna give excuses... : (
well, plainly- i felt lazy...erk!
(dun get me wrong, journalling is still my passion, i jot my blog stuff in a diary instead, :D insyaAllah i'll update them according to date from time to time)

so, back to the 'main' topic...
what is 'darkophobia'?
"darkophobia" is a word that thoughtlessly came into my mind to describe my situation when am sitting alone for a very long period (like home alone all "day" long) in the dark (day?) n slowly bad paranoia of supernatural stuffs come creeping into my mind scaring the guts out of me from the mere sound of leaves rustling or water drips....haha

*fear of the dark is Achluophobia

this is how i managed it-
few days or or more before my final exams ended,
a friend told me that the 'supernatural' series is one of the best!


so, i tried the first episode of the first season....n it turned out......AWESOME! (hehe, my fav character is 'dean' n his fav word is 'awesome')
i was hooked up to it immediately, tho of course i waited after i finished my exams to continue them...

in the beginning, there was a lot of screaming involved n heart pounding moments (thanx ieqa miqa for screaming with me...haha) God! they were exhausting!

but towards season 6, i found myself kinda cool n not looking for any pillow or teddy to hide my eyes anymore, n of course, no scream no more! :D heee
n......i watched season 8 all by myself! home alone!!!...(in malaysia!) *proud self...haha :p

this series has built my courage!
well, that's what my dad says,
ayah added...it's a good thing that the actor is so cool and steady when facing disasters...psychologically it influence 'you' in a good way
(trying to rationalize my time wasting activity)

well, this is one of the stuffs i did since 24th jan
n today i've just finished the 16th episode of season 8..:'(
coz now i need to wait another10 days for the nex episode..

but of course, there are more pressing matters to spend my time into
n lots of duaa i still need from all of you
-that i spend my time wisely
-i get a job
-i'll be a good doctor
-consistent with my routine in cairo n be a good muslimah
-Allah's mercy n wealth onto yourself n people around you

thnx for reading...: )

3 comments:

[MH] said...

sedihnya lah bila teringat kan yang kitorg dh takde senior kt sini
huhu. sori komen takde kaitan ngn entry.
update selalu blog ya kak lyn. akan jd pembaca setia :)

lynne said...

huu, jgnla sedeyh...kejap je lagi ni...make the most out of your time there...skarang u jd senior plak :D

insyaAllah...will try, so much time nowadays :)

Anonymous said...

all the best in your job and be a great doctor

may Allah bless you and your family