December 02, 2009

unequivocal happiness

i am intrigued...
by the reason of my existance...
whether i am allowed or not to be happy...

but i guess...in whatever situation...it's our own choice to decide our emotional outcome...(the brain is definitely one magnificent 'thing')

as last night i came back from the smart circle programme...(we discussed about 'tomorrow's muslimah'...safwan's book ryte?)...it gave me my confirmation...i knew it all along actually about this 'happy' issue...only, it's jz great to have it in white and black...

the one that caught my attention...one of the last pages in that book...a reply i think i shud remember all my life...

this is happiness in the eyes of Ummu Kalthum binti Ali, the wife of Umar r.a...



though this is from my eyes~

there was once she caused Umar to be upset and angry about their household issue, and Umar said
"i will cause u grave!"
and she replied
"u won't be able to do that...my happiness is in the hands of my faith, and my faith is in my heart and no one have the power to authorise my heart except my God!"

(sorry i translated it, it was actually in malay...any misstranslation do correct it)

so...only Allah can decide whether u can b happy or not...and by putting ur faith totally in Him, u'll always be happy and calm without sorrow~...

i luv being happy!

No comments: