December 22, 2009

feeling lucky~

last 2 days the vc of university malaya dato' dr. ghauth jasmon gave a speech about their goals...
he talked all about the requirements to be the top university in the world, importance of recognition and the drawback of being average...honestly an interesting explanation...it did push out my narrow mind wider~

but one of his point nudged me...he said we (me n my fellow collegues) are lucky...we got scholarship, proper learning environment, promising future...compared to our parents era n most of other kids my age are facing nowadays without the proper education...

phew! i do feel lucky~..

specifically lucky dat i got into medicine...i need to tribute an individual for dis...who i think played a major role in my being here inspite of his little effort~

about 5 years ago...at the start of my fith year in secondary school...it never occured to me dat i can b in a place like cairo university...bcoz...my grades weren't good enough...i do score A's in certain subjects...but not in "addmath" (additional math)...never even hit 60%...i jz can't get the hang of it...untill my SPM trials...dat was the corner stone!

my result was barely pass...this can never help me get thru even matriculation...n i didnt even consider medicine yet in short term...but a teacher came helping...cg. salleh...he noticed my weakness...but being a carefree student at dat time it didn't bother me dat much...plus, i was never interested in addmath...(and still...hehe)

cg. salleh is an addmath teacher, but in my school he holds the academic affair post (penolong kanan akademik)...meaning he doesnt teach much, being busy with school administration...but!...despite all that...he found tymes to corner me...almost every evening after my trial results was out he would come and search for me at the clss building and teach me in his office...only me!...

real damn special care...i was wondering why he bothered to spend his evenings away from home...just for me...(perasannye...hehe) but, the way he tought me the subject got me interested...he showed me how to use my strength...help me understand the basics...and all the calculating stuff...and it worked...

we had another trial paper about a month before the big exams and walla!...i scored full marks for addmath paper 1...first tyme i got higher than afiq (never got his addmath marks below 97% if am not mistaken)...but i flunk paper 2 a bit so my full mark is way lower than afiq...hehe...(i still feel glad about that...one sweet memory)...and this somehow made me realize dat i could get A1 for my SPM...

alhamdulillah i did...n honestly, i can't thank cg. salleh enough for helping me out in this becoz...if he didn't, i dun think i'd be able to enroll in medicine which i dearly love so much!...that was really luck!...

and i thanx to my other teachers in integomb too...we need to get almost all A's for medicine ryte?...n i would have never got it without their help...i do feel lucky...really, really lucky~

(seb bek x yah study maths n sejarah anymor...hehe)

No comments: